La maquette de Hasegawa représente the standard military soft cab version du camion GMC CCKW-353 cargo. The véhicule may be modified by cutting the cabestan off, et mounting the front bumper closer to the radiator grille. Some camions were fitted avec a ring mount for the .50 calibre AA Machine Gun.
- Camion GMC CCKW-353 Cargo, 2,5 t, 6x6, avec Cabestan
- Armée US Decal Sheet
- Three Passengers
- Scale model avec good detail. Véhicule length et wheelbase are scaled correctly, but the cargo body is 1 mm wider than it should be. This may explain why the canvas cover does not fit well.
- Easy to assemble, only 49 parts. Le camion cargo can be put together in approximately 30 minutes, especially if several véhicules are built in assembly line fashion.
- The canvas cab cover is realistically textured et creased.
- The assembly instructions are clearly illustrated, et easy to follow.
- The chassis is slightly warped, giving the véhicule a noticeable hump behind the cab. The damage may be corrected by heating the chassis carefully with a blow-dryer, et bending it into the correct shape.
- The metal axles are too long, they need to be cut back slightly to ensure proper wheel alignment.
- Rivet heads on the body are larger than scale.
- The tow hooks on the front bumper are slightly oversized.
- The canvas cover of the cargo body is too tight-fitting, et the thickness is obviously not to scale. This canvas cover is perfectly smooth, unlike the cab cover which is beautifully textured.
- Flash inside the door cut-outs needs to be removed prior to painting.
- The suggested registration number 665137 is incorrect. Camions léger-lourds, et lourd-lourds had registration numbers starting avec "4", followed by the consecutive number identifying a particular véhicule of that type. Fortunately, an alternative registration number 4456136 is provided on the decal sheet.
The Hasegawa model is a good choice for joueurs de guerre who need easy to assemble et robust transport véhicules. Discerning modélistes will want to put additional detailing work into the model, adding rearview mirrors, windshield wipers, et other small parts which are not included in the kit.
Pour plus d'informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.