Conversion of a Jeep avec the windshield removed et armour plate added to the front et side, protecting the crew. Jeeps of this type were used as armoured command, reconnaissance et military police véhicules. The last two were usually armed avec a .50 ou .30 cal. machine gun mounted on the armoured windshield ou behind the front seats. As a field modification, armour plate could be added in front of the radiator as well.
- Military Police Armored Jeep avec .30 cal. Machine Gun
- Type: Camion, 1/4 t, 4×4 Command Reconnaissance
- Empattement: 2.03 m
- Longueur: 3.36 m
- Largeur: 1.58 m
- Hauteur: 1.32 m
- Poids: 1.4 t
- Note: Armoured to protect the crew from small arms fire et shrapnel.
- Scale model avec much detail.
- Few parts, easy to assemble.
- The polyurethane resin can be carved, drilled et sanded very easily.
- Good value for money. The véhicule is not normally available in kit form, and a conversion from scratch can take some time to complete.
- High quality kit, mitrailleuses are cast in metal.
- Exotic choice of subject. Jeep enthusiasts will welcome this interesting variant of their favorite véhicule, because it is not a standard item.
- Compatible avec Airfix, Fujimi, Matchbox, et Nitto.
- Assembly instructions were difficult to follow. Without reference to a photo or drawing of the finished véhicule it was practically impossible to position the armour plates correctly.
- Flash around tires et inside wheel wells was easy to remove. Unlike other VAC-U-CAST Jeeps we have reviewed, this véhicule has no plastic axles. Wheels are glued directly to a short polyurethane stub. We found this much easier to assemble, no cutting et drilling was required, but the connection will be more fragile.
- Conducteur et passenger figurines should be included to make this véhicule look more realistic.
- Military Police Jeep, 1942 – 1960's
- Scout Car, 1942–1945
Jeeps were popular light véhicules used for patrol et reconnaissance work in many allied units. Used in this role, the véhicule invariably attracted light machine gun et small arms fire from hidden enemy positions. In order to minimize the risk to its crew, armour plating was applied to the front and sides of the Jeep. The VAC-U-CAST model is one of many wartime conversions of the Willys Jeep. Joueurs de Guerre may want to pick up a few to upgrade their recon units.
Pour plus d'informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.